Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Sodor & Its Railways

So...I'm thinking about taking an EnterprisingEngine93 approach and remastering the first 4 episodes of my series. In case you need a refresher, they would be

Fumbles and Funnels
Mudslide
Wheesh!
James' Triumph

When watching all of my episodes straight through the other day, I can see that it would be very polarizing. I'm personally proud of the scripts for the first 2, but feel that with footage, voice acting, and editing combined in all 4 episodes compared to the newest 3 (Scrapes and Scrap, Ice, Guaranteed Connection) comes across as very sloppy. While the latest 3 episodes are by no means perfect, they are better than what came before them, and I feel that I should do some sort of refilming with them, get some new lines from some of the newer VA's, and re-edit them, and they might come out half-decent.

That out of the way, I'll be moving on the the next topic; seasons. I simply cannot do a full 26 episode season. Because of the typical school, and work and life stuff, and because simply filming with models and such is a very long process, and episodes are not the only things I want to make. I've decided not to set a number of episodes per season-instead, I've got loads of episode scripts/concepts, and I'll cut off each season once I think the filming style begins to change too dramatically compared to the first episode of said season. Now I obviously won't make 2 episodes and call it good, but you can expect about 6-8 episodes before a season will end. Now a lot of time has passed between the making of Episode 7 and now. I've already got the next episode planned, and am already gathering things to make it. It's also the beginning of my CGI styled videos, and will thus be a season opener. However, Sodor in Peril will be coming out BEFORE this, because I simply cannot release something utilizing the skills I have now, only to release SIP which the majority was filmed in 2013. SIP will most likely be the next video uploaded on my channel, and I'm using this as a motivator. Anyway, this is probably longer than most of you would like to read, so I'll end this off with a nice little picture. Take care guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment